Trainees will be able to apply theory and practical skills in planning for loads to be rigged or slung for both lifting and vertical pulling actions by mobile plant.
Combining theory and practical assessments participants will demonstrate the following skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of hazards, hazard control, and lift planning.
- Demonstrate knowledge of lifting gear and working load limit (WLL) tables.
- Preparation for and slinging loads safely.
- Correct selection and use of rigging equipment, knots and dunnage
- Communication of lifts or pulls with a Dogman
- Demonstrate knowledge using a piece of mobile plant for lifting
- Demonstrate knowledge using a piece of mobile plant for horizontal pull
- Demonstrate knowledge of mobile plant equipment and attachments
- Carry out slinging, lifting, moving, horizontal pulling and placing of 2 different loads using a piece of mobile plant
- Secure and stow equipment, and complete documentation for mobile plant use
- Carry out daily and weekly operator maintenance of piece of mobile plant
- Experience in an environment where mobile plant is operating.
- Use of suitable mobile plant for lifting and horizontal pulling
- Certified lifting equipment for lifting and horizontal pulling
- Room for theory assessments to be carried out
- Safe area for practical to be carried out (Can be done on an active worksite if isolated and safe)
NZQA Unit Standard
31245: Plan for and lift, move, and place loads using mobile plant in infrastructure works environment - Level 3, Credits 5
Attendance Numbers: Minimum of 5, maximum of 10 per session
Course Duration: Approx. 1 day (8 hours)
Course Location: TBC
Course Costs: $480+gst per person
Mileage: $85+gst to Auckland, Hamilton & Tauranga and .95c+gst per km everywhere else
Credit reporting costs not charged when minimum attendance is met (credit reporting cost - $10 per credit)
Thank you for considering our services.